Over 1000 Brisbane residents quit smoking by changing the way they think, via Hypnotherapy.
On the quit cigarettes journey, most have quit for 1 week or longer, many for months or years.
I asked every one of these people, “you’ve quit before, what caused you to take it up again?”
NOTE: This is not the politically correct edit. This is what people revealed.
- “A big stress happened and I needed to relax. I thought I could just have one.”
- “I felt depressed without it, like I was missing something.”
- “My partner/friends smoke and it was awkward feeling left out.”
- “I love smoking, I enjoy them.”
- “I was getting so angry with people, I needed to calm down.”
What do these answers tell us about smoking again after quitting? People want to feel better!
1. They want to experience a positive emotion.
2. They want release from difficult emotions.
Here is why smoking cigarettes is a trap… If you smoke to change emotions, then you become dependent on cigarettes to feel good. You are depending on a substance that damages health and income, to deal with emotions.
Hypnotherapy makes the process simple. Rather than giving in to thoughts of smoking, a person might focus on their need for relaxation. If a person is stressed, they no longer reach for a cigarette, instead they choose self-care or keep busy, by being productive.
It is hard. That’s why strategies are needed to deal with stress, anxiety & depression properly, and in ways that aren’t harmful. Don’t let a dependence determine your level of well-being.
I recognise that I may not be Everybody’s Hypnotherapist however for those just sick of smoking and feel like its the right time, I welcome helping to get results.
Free 30 minute sessions are available to discuss your goals and how it all works. Inquire today for a confidential consult.
Phone 1300 089 099